[kwlug-disc] web-based forms wizard

Daniel Allen dada.da at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 00:39:32 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 12:03 AM, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:

> Look at Drupal + the Webform module. It does most of what you said.
>
> http://drupal.org/project/webform

Thanks, and this leads to the interesting question of whether the rest of
the application might migrate to drupal eventually as well.  Which would
probably make for easier maintenance.

Though, at present, I'd need to convince the developer team that drupal /
webform will do what we want (eg., do the validations easily).

I'll investigate further tomorrow, but so far it looks like I need to build
select-lists through some other means; and there might not be validation
lookups from other tables without manually coding them each time, which is
more programmer-intensive than I'd hoped for...

If you want to ask the author questions, he is presenting at the Toronto DUG
> this Tuesday at 6:30 pm.
>
> See http://groups.drupal.org/toronto for details.
>
> Say hi to Nate if you go.

Hm, great timing there. I will find out if anyone from the programming team
can go!

Thanks again, -Daniel