[kwlug-disc] IPCop (and friends) vs hardware router

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Thu Jun 18 05:28:16 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 11:43:45PM -0400, Kiwi Ssennyonjo wrote:
> The choice is simple and clear in my opinion. Pfsense is your appliance
> It will do everything on your list and more.

Holy cow. Why didn't I download this 10 minutes after your KWLUG
presentation?

No doubt I'm going to run into roadblocks. But at this point it looks
like I am kicking IPCop to the curb. (Sorry, Linux.)

I am still curious to know how a hardware router with open firmware
would measure up. It would be nice to replace a big desktop computer
with a cute router box. But I have a feeling that Bill's comments
sbout processing limits will come into play even for our relatively
small network.

- Paul