[kwlug-disc] Linux Foundation training available in Toronto.

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Jun 17 14:48:54 EDT 2009

  WARNING:  Shameless self-promotion ahead!  Danger, danger, Will
Robinson!

  Hi, folks. As of this morning, I'm authorized to market and teach
the following Linux foundation courses in the area, which would
include, well, pretty much anywhere I'm prepared to travel if there's
a company with enough students to justify a class:

  https://www.linuxfoundation.org/training

  The Linux Foundation is just getting started with an ambitious
training program and, at the moment, they're doing most of their
delivery virtually.  I, on the other hand, have a long career of
stand-up, instructor-led training.  So what does this mean?

  First, it means that I'm going to be polishing up a number of my
existing courses and, if the LF likes them, they'll be added to the LF
course catalog.  It will be a bit chaotic at first, but this isn't
going to happen overnight.

  However, while that plan is slowly coming together, I've been given
permission to market those courses locally if there are companies who
are interested in the personal, instructor-led option.  It's the LF's
way of saying, "Developing all that courseware is going to take time,
so here's a way for you to make money while you're doing it."

  It's going to be fairly ad hoc, and the cost would be *considerably*
cheaper than the prices that are listed above, which represents the
normal per-student, virtual tuition fee.  I have some latitude in how
much I can charge (haven't even nailed that down yet), but if you have
even a small group of potential students at one location and a
feasible classroom, drop me a note and we'll see what we can work out.
I'm fairly sure I can offer some pretty good deals compared to what
else is out there.

  This promises to be some kind of fun.  Chaotic, but fun.

rday

P.S.  Free at no extra charge:  How to write a kernel module:

http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Writing_your_first_kernel_module

It's what I do to amuse myself.  I need to get out more often.

Linked In:                             http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday