[kwlug-disc] dear microsoft: please stop.

john at netdirect.ca john at netdirect.ca
Mon Jun 8 09:55:25 EDT 2009

kwlug-disc-bounces at kwlug.org wrote on 06/08/2009 07:39:20 AM:
>   are those folks seriously this idiotic?
> http://www.daniweb.com/blogs/entry4426.html#

I've always been amazed by the multitude of names that Microsoft
(marketing?) spews out.

They tried a few years ago to promote DNS, no not Distributed Name System,
but Digital Nervous System.

And it's not like they hold their own brand names sacred either. If they
want to boost a product's interest they rename it. Or consolidate a group
of technologies into a single name.

I personally am confused with it. I'd rather see more logical names than
the hype MS spits out. Remember COM, then DCOM, then OLE, then activeX,
it's probably something different now and I'm likely missing some names.

MS relies on people being attracted to shiny new things rather than things
of substance.

John Van Ostrand
Net Direct Inc.
564 Weber St. N. Unit 12