[kwlug-disc] debian 5.0 (lenny) install goes faster by moving the mouse?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Jun 5 12:12:54 EDT 2009

On Fri, 5 Jun 2009, John Kerr wrote:

> I wonder if it is just a video output hang and your mouse activity
> makes it wake up. Did you check the hard drive light? Was it
> flickering?

  no hard drive activity.  i was fairly careful -- when a package was
being configured and was taking more than just a few seconds, i'd
verify that neither the HD nor the DVD drive were active.  the instant
i moved the mouse, zoom, progress!  stop the mouse and, very quickly,
back to a quiet state.

  has no one ever seen this behaviour before?  it's a new one on me.

rday

Linked In:                             http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday