[kwlug-disc] (Home) External Storage?

Adam Glauser adamglauser at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 08:38:53 EDT 2009

If I were in your position, I'd definitely take a look at building a
small system and using FreeNAS.  When I was looking for NAS products,
they all seemed to be either very expensive, or limited in functionality.

unsolicited wrote:
> - it would seem to be nifty if it ended up also being the media
> storage for something like MythTV or a Popcorn Hour box,
> http://www.popcornhour.com/onlinestore/index.php?pluginoption=productinfo&item_id=12.

Check out XBMC.  There is a Live-CD version you can use.  I don't think
it can do PVR stuff at this point, but it is an excellent system for
playing back media from the network.