[kwlug-disc] Microsoft Patches Linux; Linus Responds | Linux Magazine

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 27 08:05:31 EDT 2009

Are there people really advocating not including the drivers provided?

Even Richard Stallman has repeatedly said that the GPL is there so you cannot prevent anyone from using and expanding the code, even people you don't like so I think that Linus cheap shot at the "Free software" people was unnecessary and misleading.

For those that think that there is a hidden purpose other than providing Hyper-v functionality, here is one possible one: Destroy the GPLed community by infighting but I guess the community has been trying to do that for a long time.

I may be naive but I take this move at face value. There are good people at MS that just want their products to work well.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
http://rarsa.blogspot.com/