[kwlug-disc] Drupal bug?

john at netdirect.ca john at netdirect.ca
Mon Jul 13 11:51:46 EDT 2009

kwlug-disc-bounces at kwlug.org wrote on 07/13/2009 10:40:27 AM:

> From: Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com>
> Congratulation on the conversion to Drupal!

It's long overdue and we hope that the in-browser updating will give us
less reason to delay updates.
> Looking at the HTML source, I see this:
> <li><a href="barry/install.php">Install Barry from binary
> <li><a href="barry/cvs.php">Compile Barry from tarball, CVS, or
> If you change that to
> <li><a href="/barry/install.php">Install Barry from binary
> <li><a href="/barry/cvs.php">Compile Barry from tarball, CVS, or
> Making it an absolute URL, the issue goes away.

We try to avoid absolute URLs since that limits portability of trees of
information. Is that an old-fashioned file-based web server idea or do
Drupal web masters still try to use relative URLs when possible?
> Also, this module helps by eliminating all trailing slashes.
> http://drupal.org/project/globalredirect

Worked like a charm.

John Van Ostrand
Net Direct Inc.