[kwlug-disc] Heuther parking and comments thread

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Thu Jul 9 01:36:02 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 10:00:30PM -0400, Paul Nijjar wrote:

> >From my perspective it looks like the Heuther was reasonably
> successful as a meeting space. 35 people came out, is a testament to
> the topic and the speaker.
>
> How did you feel about the space? Obviously we were pretty packed and
> the room was either hot (if the door was closed) or noisy (if not).

I think it was a great success.  Thanks to John Kerr and everyone who
helped arrange it.  I merely added my cheerleading support. :-)

It *was* rather hot, but that can probably be fixed.  I suspect it was
due to being a cool day, and not much A/C was on.

As for noise, even with the door open, the noise was much less than the
Working Centre, and I got to enjoy the entire presentation, seeing all
the slides, and hearing all the words, even the questions from the
audience.

I like the Working Centre, but unfortunately it can't compete at all
with regard to noise, and so I'm glad Heuthers is available.

> I am interested in feedback from those who biked or drove to the
> meeting. Did anybody get ticketed? Where did the good spots end up
> being for parking?

I car pooled.  I understand that parking across the street at the post
office was successful.

- Chris