[kwlug-disc] Using linux to fix Windows

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 4 13:35:19 EDT 2009

Actually I've used partimage which does the dd plus tgz on the partition.

My process was:

Install Windows
Install the drivers
Install and configure the main applications
Create an image with Partimage in chunks that fit CDs
Burn the image segments to CDs

I have a Rescue CD handy. I've done the restore as a simple manual process but I'm sure that it can be easily automated

I'm sure you could create a bootable partition which starts the partition restore process.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
http://rarsa.blogspot.com/