[kwlug-disc] OT - local ISP

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Jan 30 13:40:22 EST 2009

Dynamic DNS has come a long way since I first looked at it years ago -
went static at the time. Re-looked at it when I went to Rogers and was
pleasantly surprised to see things much better - in the sense that
provider awareness had increased, many more 'clients' (sw bits &
pieces) were out there, and there is just a generally larger awareness
/ solutions out there. I've not regretted losing my static. Mind you,
Rogers is known for not changing you all that often. (Months?)

Glen - you might just poke about and give it a try, again. You may be
pleasantly surprised. You can at least test without going through the
aggravation of changing providers beforehand. I've no doubt your
particular technical details are quite different than mine, but if you
post to the list I've no doubt many will offer immediately useful
suggestions. [Even if you have to hard code an IP, I'd bet you could
run a watcher and have it update your local hosts file, or something.]