[kwlug-disc] OT - local ISP

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Fri Jan 30 12:57:42 EST 2009

Does anyone have any non-Rogers suggestions for good local ISP's?  I'm
considering shopping around.

I've got sentex at my office at business rates (we use it for our voip
and internet) plus a dry loop, and I pay $20 for a static IP - and have
been there for many years.  And I use them at home as well.  I wanted to
get another static IP at home so I could add a phone to our voip system
- so my wife can still act as receptionist when she's at home.  Sentex
wants to ding me $50 setup and another $20 a month for that second
static IP.  I'm happy to pay enough to get the job done, but $500 a year
for two static IP's, for a relatively low bandwidth user, well, I feel
like I'm getting gouged.

--
Glenn Cooke
Insurance Squared Inc.