[kwlug-disc] Generating and using PGP keys

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 21 18:28:21 EST 2009

--- On Sat, 2/21/09, Chris Frey <cdfrey at foursquare.net> wrote:

>How many people check for a device like this before
>typing at a public computer?

I do, after I adjust my tinfoil hat.

Seriously now...

Privacy and safety are important, but there is always a trade off.

We all exchange a little bit of privacy or safety for something else. Like it or not is a zero sum deal.

You cannot have absolute privacy or absoulte safety.

Having said that, it is important always to reflect on the tradeoff: Is what I'm getting back worth the amount of safety or privacy I'm loosing?

There is no right or wrong answer. That is a very personal answer.

The important thing is always asking the question and getting the proper information to make an informed desicion.