[kwlug-disc] Generating and using PGP keys

Adam Glauser adamglauser at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 10:10:41 EST 2009

Paul Nijjar wrote:
> The funny thing is that this should be a solved problem, since a good fraction of the world's internet users do so via Internet Cafes, not via connections to computers they trust at home.

I'm not entirely convinced that is a solvable problem, unless Internet
cafes start allowing people to boot their own OS from CD.  Even then, it
seems plausible that an unscrupulous person could install some code
which would make it appear that the computer was booting your LiveCD,
but was in fact running it in some sort of virtualized environment,
logging things at will.