[kwlug-disc] A barry day...

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 22:51:33 EST 2009

I'm getting the following message when trying to make barry (the tool for
syncing blackberries) when trying to compile it under Ubuntu 8.10 (there are
binaries for 8.04, but I figured I'd try to compile it under 8.10). I
managed to get as far as the make step without errors by following the ND
instructions at: http://www.netdirect.ca/software/packages/barry/cvs.php

I'm using the tarball. The following snippet is just before the "unsupported
hardcode" error:

/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=link g++ -ansi -Wall
-fno-strict-aliasing -g   -version-info 0:14:0  -o libbarry.la -rpath
/usr/local/lib time.lo base64.lo parser.lo data.lo usbwrap.lo probe.lo
common.lo error.lo ldif.lo log.lo socket.lo router.lo dataqueue.lo
protocol.lo record.lo r_calendar.lo r_contact.lo r_folder.lo r_memo.lo
r_message.lo r_pin_message.lo r_saved_message.lo r_servicebook.lo r_task.lo
r_timezone.lo packet.lo controller.lo m_desktop.lo m_ipmodem.lo m_serial.lo
version.lo pppfilter.lo sha1.lo  -lusb

libtool: link: unsupported hardcode properties

Thanks.... Charles

--
Charles McColm
http://www.charlesmccolm.com/