[kwlug-disc] Configuring a WinTV-HVR-1600

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 14 21:48:15 EST 2009

From: unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca>
>> From 1 to 60 something and then a few until 105
>

> So (under Windows? i.e. sanity check software) the card finds the channels

The card "scans" the channels. Meaning that it lists them but I cannot see anything so no, it's not working

> It's only under Linux nothing is working?
It does not work under windows either.

> I asked because it almost seemed at one point you were ready to say phooey on it all, and return the card. (Versus returning the card as just being bad.)
I'm returning it because it seems bad to me.

> Are you content to only record OTA / FTA channels,
I don't watch OTA/FTA. I investigated some time ago and it seems that there is no good reception in this area.

> Do you have the IR blaster? Can I presume you have an audio card?
I don't care for an IR blaster right now. I'm not planning to connect the computer to the Cable box

Thanks for the responses and ideas.