[kwlug-disc] Configuring a WinTV-HVR-1600

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Feb 13 23:14:06 EST 2009

If you want to record TV on your computer, no point in returning it.
It's probably as good as anything else. Assuming you got the MCE
remote, and blaster, out of it. And you got a rev. that is Linux
compatible. From your message, it sort of sounds like you do. Maybe
not, but what you've described thus far sounds about right. See Lori's
comments about wandering video #'s being typical of Linux / Myth.

Besides, Factory Direct doesn't refund cash. If you return it you'll
have to get something else instead - credits are no fun. So with luck
you'll get some other non-Linux compatible doohickey, get another 5
hours of "entertainment", and be able to start the cycle all over again.

Lucky you!