[kwlug-disc] Fwd: Canadian Gov RFI on FOSS

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Feb 5 14:57:18 EST 2009

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009, Raul Suarez wrote:

> The RFI seems to have been purposely agnostic of the differences
> between Free software, Open source and Freeware. The good thing is
> that the RFI, by definition, provides the right mechanism for
> education. By providing the relevant information explaining what is
> Free software, what are the benefits.
>
> The questions presented in section 3 are great. I'll personally join
> the discussion and present my responses.
>
> This also seems to be a perfect topic for a KWLUG roundtable.

  i have already posted on the TLUG mailing list that i know for a
fact that microsoft has already downloaded that RFI, which means that
*their* response is going to be their typical FUD about how OSS is a
terrible idea.  you might want to craft your submissions with that in
mind.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.