[kwlug-disc] Rogers Bandwith Limit - Consequences of exceeding?

Andrew Kohlsmith (lists) aklists at mixdown.ca
Wed Feb 4 09:40:33 EST 2009

On February 3, 2009 03:08:24 am Rick wrote:
> Rashkae <rashkae at tigershaunt.com> writes:
> > Considering how much more money they charge for the business accounts
> > than residential.. this has to be tops for the most bizarre company
> > policy ever.
>
> Maybe if Rogers allowed business accounts in a residential area
> then the bandwidth might get soaked up by business accounts.

Actually, I just had a Rogers rep (claims he's a new regional manager, but has
no employees yet) come to my door two nights ago.  He claims that he can get
me commercial (18Mit, no throttling) service at my house, and also said that
two modems will let me aggregate my uplink (i.e. 2 modems = 2Mbit up).

Maybe it's something they're "not allowed" to give you over the phone?

-A.