[kwlug-disc] Rogers Bandwith Limit - Consequences of exceeding?

Andrew Kohlsmith (lists) aklists at mixdown.ca
Mon Feb 2 15:14:00 EST 2009

On February 2, 2009 11:07:35 am Rashkae wrote:
> If you have DSL available, you can choose just about any ISP you want.
> However, if DSL is not a choice for you, but Rogers is, I want to point
> out that Rogers Business Internet is neither capped nor throttled.
> There's some traffic shaping that hampers plain Bittorrent, but Azureus
> slices through it like a hot knife through butter.

Already looked into this.  Rogers will NOT provision a commercial cable modem
at a residential address.  Doesn't matter if I have a home based business,
they look up the address and if the zoning is residential, you ONLY have
residential.

I've considered buying a modem, installing it at a business and then MOVING
the modem to my house, but I haven't actually tried it yet.

I have to agree; the business cable modem at the office here is very good.

-A.