[kwlug-disc] Rogers Bandwith Limit - Consequences of exceeding?

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Mon Feb 2 11:07:35 EST 2009

Andrew Kohlsmith (lists) wrote:
> On January 30, 2009 06:45:19 pm john at netdirect.ca wrote:
>> I can only give first hand reports on fibre. I have a friend on satellite
>> (bi-dir) who finds latency too poor for SSH. I've seen wireless service
>> (not Wi FI or Max) that had lots of packet loss due to collisions (It was a
>> toronto market.)
>
> I too am in a neighbourhood with poor DSL (1728/384). I won't give Rogers
> Cable my money, because I don't want to be capped or throttled.

*Discalaimer* bits being transmitted over Rogers cable as I type :)

If you have DSL available, you can choose just about any ISP you want.
However, if DSL is not a choice for you, but Rogers is, I want to point
out that Rogers Business Internet is neither capped nor throttled.
There's some traffic shaping that hampers plain Bittorrent, but Azureus
slices through it like a hot knife through butter.