[kwlug-disc] Presentation on "How to give a good presentation"

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Mon Dec 28 04:51:15 EST 2009

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009, Richard Weait wrote:

> unsolicited asked about a presentation of how to give a good
> presentation.
>
> In November 2004, KWLUG had guest presenter Emma Jane Hogbin give us
> her super presentation "Keeping the Hecklers at Bay"  The slides
> from this talk are here.
>
> http://ham.zonzorp.net:8080/tpm/slides/2004_10_a/
>
> The slides are really good.  The presentation was better.  The key
> point that stuck for me was "Tell a story".
>
> Would KWLUG like another presentation on the same topic?  I know
> that we have some new faces since 2004.

  i realize this might be over-simplifying but i think i mentioned
once that one of the primary goals for any KWLUG presentation (or for
most presentations in general, for that matter) should be that, even
before the presentation is over, the attendees should be thinking,
"man, i can't *wait* to get home and try that."

  is that an unfair over-simplification?

rday