[kwlug-disc] Presentation on "How to give a good presentation"

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Mon Dec 28 03:34:49 EST 2009

unsolicited asked about a presentation of how to give a good presentation.

In November 2004, KWLUG had guest presenter Emma Jane Hogbin give us
her super presentation "Keeping the Hecklers at Bay"  The slides from
this talk are here.

http://ham.zonzorp.net:8080/tpm/slides/2004_10_a/

The slides are really good.  The presentation was better.  The key
point that stuck for me was "Tell a story".

Would KWLUG like another presentation on the same topic?  I know that
we have some new faces since 2004.

On one hand the topic is outside the mandate of KWLUG as it isn't a
F/LOSS topic.  It is also a topic that is of likely interest to a
limited portion of KWLUG attendees, those who present or consider
presenting.

On the other hand it is a topic that is appealing to a wider group of
attendees as the topic need not limit to F/LOSS.  Perhaps we can use
this as an excuse to set up a presentation outside of our regular (and
full) schedule, and to reach out to other local groups?

I volunteer to coordinate this topic as a KWLUG presentation or
otherwise.  I have many ideas for great presenters and perspectives on
the topic.  Perhaps we could look at it as a workshop or a series of
presentations?

So.  Please use this thread to indicate interest in having a
presentation on this topic and specifically having it as a regular
KWLUG talk or outside talk.