[kwlug-disc] Meeting space - Summarizing and taking action

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Dec 26 22:23:13 EST 2009

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 07:36:53PM -0800, Raul Suarez wrote:

> We
> are exploring alternatives for a regular meeting place as we outgrew
> our previous regular location at the Queen street working centre.

I would consider dropping this and leaving as "We are currently
looking for a meeting space." If you want to mention the previous
location you are better off saying "the Working Centre" or "the
Working Centre on Queen Street" rather than "the Queen street working
centre".

> The
> meetings currently run  from 7:00 to 9:00 the first non-holiday Monday
> of every month. The meetings consists on Presentations by members or
> invited speakers.

Is it worth saying that we would want at least half an hour for setup
and another half hour for teardown?

also: "consists on Presentations" --> "consists of presentations".

- Paul