[kwlug-disc] What would people like to do, under the auspices of kwlug?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sat Dec 26 12:25:44 EST 2009

Darcy, thank you for your response as well. An excellent note.

john at netdirect.ca wrote, On 12/26/2009 11:51 AM:
> -----kwlug-disc-bounces at kwlug.org wrote: -----
>  >To: KWLUG discussion <kwlug-disc at kwlug.org>
>  >If you want something done, you have to set out to do it yourself.
>  >If the effort is larger than you, you have to take the initiative to
>  >approach people you might think could help individually and ask them
>  >directly.  Blanket "Hey, guys, does anybody want to...?" requests on
>  >mailing lists are most often doomed to failure.  Do it.  Get some
>  >people on board and get it done.
>
> Being an effective motivator is a good start. If you want a newsletter
> but don't feel you have the means to write all the content, then find
> existing content or motivate others to do so. Sometimes just having a
> person do simple things is all it takes.
>
> One thing to keep in mind is that we as a group have to be careful about
> who adopts the name KWLUG.  I wouldn't like to see radical or
> counter-productive activities being associated with KWLUG.

Absolutely agreed. Although, the mechanics of any kwlug 'blessing'
escapes me at the moment.

Not that it's immediately needed, as there's nothing on the table.
Well, except for John's newsletter - which I, for one, don't think I'd
have any objection to kwlug blessing it. Perhaps merely phrasing it as
a kwlug member contributed publication is appropriate. (If that's
ultimate accurate / how it comes about.)