[kwlug-disc] What would people like to do, under the auspices of kwlug?

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Sat Dec 26 01:54:31 EST 2009

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 12:21 AM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
> Richard Weait wrote, On 12/25/2009 5:11 PM:
>> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 5:55 PM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
[ ... ]
>>> What would it take to create a kwlug egroupware site, or something, to
>>> promote such collaborations?
>>
>> [IMO] You'll spend $FOREVER messing with the settings in $GROUPWARE
>
> So, stop naysaying, start facilitating, and put forth a better mechanism.

Hey, I'm just offering my opinion.  So I added an "IMO" up there.  I'm
naysaying?  You asked about some projects, events and topics.  I
pointed out that some folks, even some folks from KWLUG have done some
of these things before.  Doesn't this encourage you.  It can all be
done by folks just like us.

"Start facilitating"?  For your project to be named later?  I've said
I don't think that the groupware or mechanism is the problem.  IMO.

>>> More importantly - what might people like to collaborate on?
>>
>> THIS is your problem.  On what do YOU want to spend your free time?
>> Do it, then talk about it.  And see 1,2,3 above.
>
> <sigh>
>
> Guess I don't see it as a problem.

Then we disagree.  Respectfully.  I think it is easier for me to agree
to participate in a project with you at your request if you tell me
what that project is first.  Without that information the answer is
no.  This is not personal, unsolicited, you should not be offended.
There are very few people to whom I would say yes in that situation.
Very few.  That's just me and my cold, empty heart.

> It's not about me. It's not about the individual.
>
> It's about the group, it's about the community.
>
> You're publicly ridiculing me for asking the group if it would like to do
> something as a group collaborative effort, and if so, what?

No ridicule intended.

I'm just not understanding.  Sorry.