[kwlug-disc] ?: What is twitter / twitting?

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Wed Dec 23 18:12:21 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 06:08:14PM -0500, Chris Frey wrote:
> Twitter is not for the verbose. 140 characters is sometimes dang tiny!
> But I managed with this email :-)

Ok, that was a bit of a joke, so to expand on that.

I think Brent was exactly right when he said twitter was for the post-email
generation.  I'm not (yet?) in that category.  I like me some long screeds
when the mood strikes.

But there are times when short is sweet.  And some people in the Linux
world, such as Greg KH, are noted for how much they get done, and how
much they say, with how little they actually type.

He points to this as his guide:

	http://four.sentenc.es/

- Chris