[kwlug-disc] kwlug on twitter?

Wed Dec 23 13:28:07 EST 2009

On December 22, 2009 06:36:34 pm Insurance Squared Inc. wrote:
>  Twitter's a waste of time.  LUG doesn't need a voice there.  Grab the name
>  if so desired, don't waste any more time on it than that.

I disagree, and I'm definitely one of the people who feel that Twitter was a
"yes, and?" kind of service.

Posting upcoming meeting topics and location would be an EXCELLENT use of the
service.  Just don't spam your followers. Post maybe a week or a few days in
advance, and then once again on the night of.  I've lost count of the number
of really promising twitter users I have unfollowed because they post the same
crap every few hours or days and fill up my timeline with repeats.

-A.