[kwlug-disc] (In progress) kwlug candidate meeting site sourced.

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Mon Dec 21 09:41:08 EST 2009

Many of you know I am not a Christian.

Having said that, I don't mind meeting in a church, since we are not there
for
indoctrination (other than in open source topics, vi vs. emacs, Gnome vs.
KDE,
and all that ....;-)).

I don't consume alcohol, and meeting at the Heuther does not bother me. I am
not
there to get drunk. I am there for open source.

John Kerr has kindly approached me before moving to the Heuther and asked
whether it would be a suitable venue given my aversion to alcohol. My
response was if I am not required to purchase alcohol, I am OK with it as a
venue (and I am still is, if they can take us back).

So, as long as this is strictly about KWLUG topics, and not this creed or
the other, the location does not matter.

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 8:02 AM, Raul Suarez <rarsa at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Meeting in a church:
>
> This is where things get icky. I can only speak for my self:
>
> We are an inclusive group. Churches, by definition, are exclusive.
>
> I don't think this is a good topic for email. Actually I don't think its a
> good topic for discussion as religious people cannot understand
> non-religious people and vice versa. I don't think we should mix this topic
> with the LUG.
>
> I'd say thank you, but I'd be uncomfortable.

Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.
http://2bits.com