[kwlug-disc] Decrease boot time

Lori Paniak ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com
Fri Dec 18 19:14:38 EST 2009

I like seeing boot messages too, but seriously there is no real
information there.  If you've seen it once, you've seen it all. Unless
something goes wrong with your system, or you are in a development
environment, it is all just geek porn.

I don't think an unnatural interest in the contents of syslog is a
pre-req for being a friend and/or user of open source.  Is the GPL is
threatened by  attractive slash screens?  If the cognoscenti want to
watch boot messages sail by at an unreadable rate, then they know where
to turn off the prettiness. GPL guarantees that.