[kwlug-disc] DailyTech - Concerned About Privacy? You're Probably up to no Good, Says Google CEO

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sat Dec 12 16:15:09 EST 2009

Andrew Kohlsmith (Mailing List Account) wrote, On 12/12/2009 4:09 PM:
> On December 11, 2009 11:09:48 pm Lori Paniak wrote:
>> I am guessing that a good, reliable DNS service that doesn't pull any
>> funny business is something one has to pay for - like any service.
>
> What's wrong with running your own bind server on your firewall/router/home
> server?
>
> Of course it doesn't have to be BIND, but what's so difficult about doing it
> that way?

I too have pointed that out in a different message (wondering if there
are reasons not to do so). I also remember wondering ... even in this
local name caching server ... if I'm having it go to, say, OpenDNS,
and it returns to my server this redirected lookup, do I not still end
up at this redirected lookup?