[kwlug-disc] DailyTech - Concerned About Privacy? You're Probably up to no Good, Says Google CEO

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Dec 9 19:33:42 EST 2009

Google Web History is a complete record of every site you search,
retrievably by searching content, date, frequency, domain, you-name-it.
If you have Google Toolbar enabled then it can retrieve even more -- any
arbitrary site you visit as recorded by the toolbar.

Disabling Google Web History only turns off this capability.

Even without Web History, Google still records your IP address, your
search history, and correlates it all with its cookies (across different
computers, different ad vendors, and possibly the geolocation service
that's now built into Firefox.  And this doesn't require a Google login
ID either.

--Bob.