[kwlug-disc] DailyTech - Concerned About Privacy? You're Probably up to no Good, Says Google CEO

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Dec 9 18:53:52 EST 2009

Khalid Baheyeldin wrote, On 12/09/2009 6:24 PM:
> On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 5:27 PM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca
> <mailto:unsolicited at swiz.ca>> wrote:
>
>     Khalid Baheyeldin wrote, On 12/09/2009 4:54 PM:
>
>         Re: Google search privacy:
>
>         You can turn off web history. I did the day I learned that I can
>         do so.
>
>         Go here and turn it off:
>         https://www.google.com/accounts/ManageAccount?hl=en
>
>     Can you be more specific? I get to account management, and don't
>     know where to go from there given the bevy of choices.
>

> Do you see a "Web history" option? If you do, then web history is
> enabled for you and Google is customizing your searches depending on
> your search history.
>
> If you see it as "Try something new", then it is disabled.

Ah! Thanks for that. It is present, and viewable after I scroll down.

Going into it I could choose search history only, but it was already
set that way. I was then able to pause it. I gather that's about all I
can do. I saw nothing to delete, i.e. I have no history stored.

On the left, choosing trends shows it's unavailable. And I have no
bookmarks.

Thanks again.