[kwlug-disc] New locations brainstorming

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 18:57:53 EST 2009

Hi all. I mentioned to a few people who emailed me that Paul and I are
looking at a few possible locations through The Working Centre, but
not likely the cafe. As many of you have pointed out there are sound
issues at the cafe.

One possible temporary location (if we need one in a pinch for next
month) is at the back of Computer Recycling. There would be space for
about 30 people. Drawbacks are that it has a low ceiling and might
feel a bit more cramped, Paul or I would need to be present, and we
don't have enough chairs (but we could borrow more). It's not a great
solution but would do in a pinch.

More ideal might be 97 Victoria Street, which has a large space
upstairs. Again Paul and I would need to be present and get approval,
but we'd have chairs available. Someone would also need to bring a
projector. Paul is following this. I think he's correct thinking it
might be a good solution. Parking is a bit difficult to find, but the
space is huge and we're likely not to have any sound competition.