[kwlug-disc] New locations brainstorming

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Dec 9 17:42:02 EST 2009

Khalid Baheyeldin wrote, On 12/09/2009 5:03 PM:
> I don't want to go back to the Working Center either because of the
> cafeteria noise. Last Monday at Heuther reminded me about that noise
> with all the noise coming from downstairs.

IIRC, part of the working centre noise issue was exacerbated when
another group started meeting in the cafe the same night we were. Thus
my speculation that another night may have some viability, when cafe
traffic is lower. Mind you, this could be a counter-productive effort
- after all, the cafe will be trying to increase business throughout.

> Point taken. You are not the only one to say that. Sorry about that, but
> I can't help it though (unless I am yelling at the kids, and I can't do
> so for 2 hours!)

I REALLY don't mean to disparage you. All understand you are who you
are with the voice volume you were given. I would rather strain to
hear you than not hear you at all. I'm certain many of us would gladly
be test audience's for you if you wished to conduct additional
presentation volume and content tests. (-:

> Having a mic will sure help, but we only have that at The Working Centre
> I guess ...

Speaking of that ... Raul ... you had what looked to be a throat mic,
Monday. Is it normally effective, model, etc.?

Would a similar / wireless / bluetooth / headset / something,
connected to a computer / speakers be useful, regardless of the venue
and location?

Or, e.g., the Huether room, with the screen against the wall opposite
the door, has a TV with various inputs. Could a mic, perhaps via
laptop, be piped into it to come out its speakers?

Heck, thinking of Raul's presentation ... it would be easy to use that
TV to put a live camcorder on the presenter. If useful.

Raul ... could some combination of the above be useful in providing
content / streaming / recording meetings? (Is such desirable?)