[kwlug-disc] New locations brainstorming

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Dec 9 16:50:15 EST 2009

Paul Nijjar wrote, On 12/09/2009 3:50 PM:
> On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 03:52:38PM -0500, unsolicited wrote:
>> Paul Nijjar wrote, On 12/09/2009 10:26 AM:
>
>> (3) Parking must be free and nearby. Which probably takes out places
>> like the Library, UofW, and WLU.
>
> Since the parking lot went under construction, we could not manage
> this for the old 43 Queen St location.

Not sure I agree. And what I mean is, there are a number of
surrounding (city?) public free lots in the area that I, at least, was
rolling with. And, our best guess is that this is a temporary (1
year?) issue?

Or am I missing something.

Not that I want to go back to the Working Centre, as it was.
Background noise level was (becoming?) insurmountable for me. But that
may be just be my particular situation. Perhaps addressable, for all I
know. e.g. more effective mic'ing (microphoning?) for the back
listeners, perhaps a portable noise screen (room divider?) is kicking
around (left open a little bit for a corridor?). A giant white noise
generator pointed at the cafe?

	Not that there aren't audio issues, for me personally, at the
Huether, but I don't think those issues are location specific. I don't
mean to besmirch Khalid, but I just can't hear him consistently. No
foul to Khalid, I am VERY grateful for his presentations. He's just a
very quiet speaking person. With a LOT of VERY WORTHWHILE things to
say, and listen to.

Would a different night make the Working Centre more palatable? e.g.
The first Tuesday of a month, or something? Would a different night
make more venues palatable?