[kwlug-disc] Benefits of using alternate firmware on Linksys WRT54G

Lori Paniak ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com
Wed Dec 9 11:28:57 EST 2009

For routing performance, you will probably see an improvement with
alternative firmware.  And you'll have a lot more flexibility in tuning
the device to make it work.

At the Ontario Linux Fest, a couple of the routers (WRT54GL with
OpenWRT, open wifi) had ~20 wireless users for much of the time. There
did not appear to be any problems.