[kwlug-disc] meaningful display resolutions for netbooks?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Aug 19 11:52:34 EDT 2009

I was about to complain about the same issue.

My current laptop is 15.4" and is 1280x800.

The new 16" laptops have a nominally larger screen, but the vertical is only

768 pixels.

Assuming I size the browser window to about 1024 or so, this leaves less
space
for web pages an causes too much scrolling.

The old resolution of 1440 x 900 is no where to be found on any laptop, and
even the x800 is going away it seems.

This all seems to be driven by DVDs. Don't people work on laptops anymore?
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.