[kwlug-disc] New OpenStreetMap group for KW and surroundings.

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Wed Aug 19 10:52:35 EDT 2009

I've said this before, but I'll say it again - Thanks Richard for your
missionary work on this.

I think the concept is cool, but I also think we're going to see some
definite changes at the consumer level as a result of yours and others
work on this.  I fully expect that in the coming years consumer-level
GPS's will be taking advantage of all the hard work you've been doing
(and I will then be personally be able to enjoy the benefits of your
hard work).

Maps are something that have been entirely and heavy-handed closed
source forever, OpenStreetMap is not just breaking that stranglehold, I
think it's going to dominate and open up new avenues for us all.  This
is going to be a prominent victory for the open source concept.