[kwlug-disc] Is MS humbling down?

Eric Gerlach eric+kwlug at gerlach.ca
Tue Aug 18 09:19:50 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 11:19:24PM -0400, Paul Nijjar wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 04:12:23PM -0400, Chris Irwin wrote:
> > On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 22:08 -0400, Eric Gerlach wrote:
> > > It's just PXE booting, Debian preseeding, and having a local mirror
> > > (mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca).
> > >
> > > I can give a talk on that if people want...
> >
> > I would be very interested. I can bootstrap a VM in about five minutes
> > using a local "mirror" (actually a cache/proxy using apt-cacher-ng), but
> > I would be rather interested in PXE so I could do the same for physical
> > machines.
>
> Anybody else? (Maybe we don't need more interest? After all,
> installing Linux in less than 10 minutes is way more exciting than syslog
> servers.)

I disagree!  I was so disappointed I couldn't make last week's meeting.
There was a planned power outage in my building, so I had to be there to
shut everything down cleanly and bring it back up again.

> Eric: we could slot you in for February if you would like.

I hope I have enough of my life back by February to do this, sure.
Right now, KwartzLab is eating a lot of it.

> I'm interested in this stuff, but I'm probably not your target
> audience. I have worked with much of this stuff before.

Well, what are you interested in hearing about?  I can customize the
presentation to what people want to hear.  Obviously I'll cover the
basics, but if I have time after that I can tell people what they're
interested in.

Cheers,

Eric

P.S.  KwartzLab now has a space!  Check out
http://kwartzlab.ca/blog/dw/2009-08-17/kwartzlab-kleanup to see the
pictures of the first day of cleanup)