[kwlug-disc] definition of debian's "stable"?

Andrew Sullivan Cant acant at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Sun Aug 16 12:30:00 EDT 2009

Yup.

If you install from the the latest ISO you should get the same system as if you installed from the first ISO and ran 'apt-get dist-upgrade'.

I am not so familiar with Fedora terminology, but I had thought that a "re-spin" was a custom distro for a specificy purpose. Similar to the Ubuntu customized versions. (e.g., Kbuntu, mythbuntu) If a re-spin is just a new point release is there a term for a custom distro?

Andrew