[kwlug-disc] is it just me, or is debian package management painful?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Aug 13 20:29:23 EDT 2009

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, L.D. Paniak wrote:

> First thing you should do is update your Debian install 5.0 (Lenny). 3.1
> (Sarge) has been obsolete for quite a while now.  I doubt that your
> Sarge can be updated in place without breaking it badly.

  i already assumed that that size of upgrade would cause massive
breakage.  but does debian upgrade have the ability to let me upgrade
from, say, 3.1 to 3.2?  fix breakage.  3.2 to 3.3.  etc, etc.  it
would actually be trememdously useful for me to be able to do that,
even if it takes a little longer.

rday