[kwlug-disc] Is MS humbling down?

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 13 14:16:55 EDT 2009

I know that there is a lot of suspicion about individual news such as MS opensourcing the Hyper-v drivers. But now I found the following session that will be presented at the Microsoft Tech days conference:

>Session 4: Monitoring UNIX/Linux with Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2
>It is common in datacentres to find alongside Windows-based servers,
hosts running applications on UNIX and Linux platforms. All of these
will often be an >important component in one or more IT services being
delivered to internal or external customers....

It now seems to me that the deal MS made with Novel wasn't so it could kill Linux, but mostly so it could catch up with reality. The reality that businesses run Linux and they must integrate.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
http://rarsa.blogspot.com/