[kwlug-disc] time to sell off a few surplus laptops, methinks

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Aug 5 08:45:36 EDT 2009

  given that none of my projects in the foreseeable future will
require my pile of laptops, i figure i might as well sell a few of
them, rather than just leave them forlornly sitting in the corner.  by
the time i need a stack of them again, i'll probably be looking at
purchasing a new set, anyway.

  i'm assuming anyone who's interested will immediately google,
looking for info on that model, so here's the specs in brief:

    * Gateway MX7120
    * AMD 64-bit mobile Athlon processor
    * 512M RAM
    * 100G HD
    * 15.4" display, TFT active matrix (1280x800 resolution)
    * ATI Radeon Xpress 200M video chipset
    * Internal dual-layer DVD burner
    * 6-in-1 card reader

  i'm going to keep at least a couple for myself for experiments but i
figure it's more productive to have them doing something for someone
else.  i'm asking $275 each, and you can first verify that, yes, you
can install and run linux on it.  (the lot of them have done service
at at least one ontario linux fest.)

  also, for an extra $25, there's a really nice samsonite laptop bag
(retail $60).  in any event, it would make for a convenient additional
laptop, maybe for the young'uns.  if you're interested, drop me a
note.

rday

"Kernel Newbie Corner" column @ linux.com:          http://cli.gs/WG6WYX