[kwlug-disc] Changing the keyboard distribution

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 11 19:40:48 EDT 2009

This one looked like an easy one.

My dad has Ubuntu installed in a computer. He replaced the motherboard, and the new motherboard only has USB connectors for the keyboard.

Reconfiguring Ubuntu LTS 8.04 to go with the new motherboard was easy but for some reason the keyboard switched to US distribution although the default distribution is Latin America. We went back to the keyboard configuration screen and even though the configuration selected was correct the "test edit box" reflected a US distribution.

I changed the xorg.conf file to use a "latam" configuration and it just got worst.

Any ideas here?

 Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices