[kwlug-disc] Rogers SSH

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sat Apr 18 12:58:28 EDT 2009

Jason Low wrote, On 04/18/2009 8:27 AM:
> Hello All,
>
> Is it me or has Rogers blocked all incoming SSH traffic.  As far as I can tell I have everything configured correctly.  I use it for remote command line and NX desktop but I read its being used for P2P.

They don't. At least not for me.

Use ports like 22, 23, 80, 443, etc. So you can get in from public
wi-fi nets like the library that block going out to many ports, and/or
proxies mangle your packets.

As far as I've seen your speed may get managed, but it does go
through. It seems that when torrenters switched to encrypted traffic,
Rogers started managing all encrypted traffic.