[kwlug-disc] anyone played with a system with a "display port"?

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Sat Dec 27 12:25:41 EST 2008

On Sat, 2008-12-27 at 11:15 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> p.s.  even when we got the adapter cables, i have still been unable to
> get external video from that laptop.  and that's a fairly important
> feature for us.

From what I can find, displayport is still WIP -- at least on Intel
chip, not sure what the AMD and nVidia closed drivers support. I'm
assuming you're running an Intel X4500 since that is what the dell
website told me it had (though it may be customizable, who knows).

http://n2.nabble.com/do-DisplayPort-monitors-work-with-xorg--td1649353.html

It looks like the Intel 2.4 branch has Display Port register
information, but it is non-functional at the moment.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjUzOA

--
Chris Irwin <chris at chrisirwin.ca>