[kwlug-disc] anyone played with a system with a "display port"?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sat Dec 27 11:15:26 EST 2008

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008, Kyle Spaans wrote:

> Crazy, this the first I've ever heard of "DisplayPort"!

  getting a new laptop at my workplace that had one of those on the
back came as an ugly shock to me.  i first thought it was a malformed
HDMI port.  after reading up on it, i'm willing to believe it really
does constitute an advancement over DVI or HDMI in some ways.  but
that first exposure can be an annoying experience.

rday

p.s.  even when we got the adapter cables, i have still been unable to
get external video from that laptop.  and that's a fairly important
feature for us.