[kwlug-disc] Continued: OpenSource Me!]

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Mon Dec 22 14:47:27 EST 2008

Unless I miss my guess, think single user with laptop. Or, the broker
sitting around the kitchen table with husband and wife. No net
connectivity.

This started out as CRM. I suspect also, think Palm sync'ing. Sync
laptop (if it isn't the 'server') before heading out on a call,
particularly with respect to the e-mail's sent and received from that
client, before leaving.

And, once around the kitchen table, an ability to show, yes, you
instructed me to do this. And, you are now instructing me to do this
for you (set up a policy). Think about Glenn's earlier comment about
the regulatory environment within which he is operating.

If one thinks like a Palm sync'ing, then the hosted app / web server
approach may well be appropriate as well. Plus the local client. Which
may also be a local browser / mysql app.