[kwlug-disc] OpenSource Me!

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Dec 19 18:45:16 EST 2008

Lots of very good comments in this thread.

How quickly things progress from "I need to get some work done" to
support, user contributions, publication, modularity, plug-ins, and on
and on and on.

Any good reference works out there as to (a) if they only knew then
what they know now [designing things / environment / package better up
front instead of redoing the app multiple times, and (b) design
guidelines / suggestions / etc. as one dives in head first?